So here I am, writing my first blog post. I've got so much to say about my crazy hectic life right now that I'm not sure where to start. I guess I can start with the biggest thing... I'm moving to a new city, to a new state. It's not that far away but it's still enough to be exciting, intriguing, and a little bit scary. I'm leaving the beautiful, eco-centered, peace-loving, natural food eating city of Ann Arbor for the industrial wasteland of Fort Wayne. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong on my description of my new city. I've already committed myself to exploring every nook and cranny of FW until I find the beautiful, eco-centered, peace-loving, natural food eating people that live there. I mean, I'll be living there, and I can't be the only one. I've already searched the internet high and low for celiac friendly restaurants and I've actually found a few. I'm pretty excited about checking them out. I'll be moving into my new place on Sunday. It seems like a nice neighborhood. We'll just have to wait and find out. It's gotta be better than this cave of an apartment I live in right now.
On to other things... as you might have noticed earlier in my ramblings, I keep myself gluten-free. I have been since the beginning of April. It's been a hard rocky road these last few months trying to adjust and I'm sure there will be more hard times to come. I do have to say that the benefits have outweighed the negatives. Sometimes I just want to fall on the floor and wail my arms around and scream and cry, but I compose myself... most of the time. All the wonderful goodies I can no longer eat aren't even the worst of my problems now. The biggest change it has had on my life is the social aspect. Hanging out with friends means choosing places with gluten-free options or gluten-free drinks (thank goodness for Woodchuck). That doesn't seem like a hard task until you really look at all the things that contain gluten. It has really opened my eyes to all the crap that is put into food that should never ever ever be there. Why in the world would someone add gluten to potatoes? Yeah, umm, I'd like a heap of potatoes and make sure you sprinkle some wheat on there please. I mean, come on. All natural all chicken chicken... no, that can't taste good. Inject it with gluten; that'll make it taste better. How does that make sense? But I digress... no more gluten-free rants from me, for today at least. As I stated earlier, the positives outweigh the negatives. I've lost 7 pounds without even trying. That's always a nice bonus. I feel soooo much better. My mood, my physical activity, my alertness have all gone up up and up. To me that is better than all the chocolate cake and cheese burgers in the world.
Another new and exciting thing in my life... my new job!!! That has to be the thing I am most excited about. I feel like I'm really moving up, really getting somewhere. I'm a teacher, a Montessori teacher. The school I will be teaching at is amazing. It is beautiful and so are the people. Immediately when I walked in the building for the first time, I knew this place was different. The people are so warm and friendly and they genuinely care. I am beyond excited to start the new school year in just a few days. I can't wait to get to know all the people I will be working with.
Well, that's all for today. I have much more to say, but it'll have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment