Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rollercoaster

Over the past week I had lost my great hopes that Fort Wayne would be a great place to live. I had hit up countless grocery stores looking for some delicious gluten-free goodies, especially some Tinkyada pasta. Not one store carried anything other than this one brand that tastes so bad I'd rather go without pasta than eat that. Last Wednesday I went to a place called The Fresh Market, which of course I figured must have gluten-free offerings. Come to find out it was just an over priced hole in the wall. After stopping in I broke down and cried, thinking what am I doing here in this city that doesn't have even a single store for us allergy ridden freaks?!?! Needless to say, I wiped away my tears and vowed to leave no stone unturned in my search to find something edible. Then yesterday I found a place called The Health Shoppe. I was amazed and relieved as I walked down aisle after aisle of choice after choice. Then today I went down to the Barr Street Farmer's Market and bought tomatoes, sweet plums, and sweet corn. Things are looking up.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Falen,

    Finally found your blog. How is Fort Wayne? Anyways like reading your blog.

    :)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! A comment. How ya doing? Long time no see. Fort Wayne is well... you can read my next post since I've decided to start posting again. =)

    ReplyDelete