Saturday, October 10, 2009
Welcome Back to Myself
So, I'm back. I stopped posting because no one was reading. However, two people have visited since then. And I guess people won't keep visiting if I don't keep posting so I'm off and running again. I'm trying to think of what has happened in my life since then. Meijer added a new gluten-free dry food section. Pretty nice. A lot cheaper than the health food shoppe. This weekend I am working on paperwork for our parent ed night at work and cleaning my place because it's a big giant mess. Went to see Mike Birbiglia last night. Pretty funny. Last weekend was my birthday. I went on a shopping spree at Somerset with my mom. Got lots of great clothes and the Lacoste shoes I've been wanting but couldn't find in stores anywhere. I'm thinking about getting a degree in nutrition. It's only been a recent thought so I'm still just thinking. I'm really intrigued by health and nutrition and cooking. I need to get back to exercising now that my ankle has healed. Oh I officially lost 10 pounds last week since going gluten-free. I would say that it's been months since I've had a gluten incident, but I somehow accidentally ingested some last week with dire consequences. So now my few months has gone down to a few days. I still can't believe the difference in how I feel since I stopped eating gluten. It will probably never cease to amaze me. I went the the Johnny Appleseed Festival here in Fort Wayne a few weeks ago. That was fun. I had a caramel covered apple, chocolate covered maple cream, and corn on the cob. I went the the IU v UofM game in Ann Arbor. That was a blast. I'd love to go back to the big house. So, I guess life is good. Work is good. Fort Wayne isn't terrible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What is gluten? How did you hurt your ankle?
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better :)
And glad to see you blogging.
I hurt my ankle walking down stairs. Way to go me. I've never done anything to my ankles before so I had no idea how bad it was hurt and I just walked around on it all day like nothing was wrong. That night it hurt really really bad so I went to a urgent care place in the morning. Turns out I had sprained it. It took weeks to heal. Had to wear a soft brace on it. It's better now but still feels weird if I step on it a certain way.
ReplyDeleteAs for gluten...
Anything you want to know can be found on this website or the links on this page. I love Karina's blog. It keeps me sane some days and her recipes are amazing.
http://karinaskitchenlinks.blogspot.com/